English Proficiency Requirement
Your success at CALMAT depends upon your ability to communicate in English. Advanced listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills are essential to processing large amounts of challenging material under time constraints with full comprehension. Such proficiency is greater than that required for everyday living. A degree from CALMAT demonstrates that the graduate has achieved the high level of English proficiency necessary for further professional and academic success.
Applicants whose native language is not English are typically required to demonstrate their English proficiency by achieving at or above one the following proficiency test scores:
- Computer Based TOEFL (CBT) = 197
- Internet Based TOEFL (iBT) = 71
- Paper Based TOEFL (PBT) = 525
The results of this examination determine whether or not students must take special courses in English. However, international students who meet either of the following conditions are not required to take an English proficiency test:
- Native English speakers from the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, and Canada (except Quebec).
- Students who hold a degree, higher than an Associate degree, from an accredited university where English is the language of instruction.
Please contact email@example.com for more information about our English language requirements.