CALMAT seeks applicants with professional work experience who wish to enhance their management and technology skills. We welcome applications from around the world, regardless of age, gender, nationality, race, religion, sexual orientation or financial status; our goal is to train our diverse population of students to be technology leaders.
The admission committee evaluates each candidate's overall credentials, including work experience, test scores, and academic background. The entire application package should be submitted to CALMAT’s Office of Admissions and Registration. Questions can be submitted by email to email@example.com. An original official transcript (or notarized copy) from each college or university attended, together with official evidence of degrees conferred, must be sent directly to the Office of Admissions and Registration. Unofficial transcripts or non-notarized copies are only accepted for evaluation and provisional admission.
General Admissions Requirements and Process
General Graduate Admission
The minimum requirements for admission to a CALMAT graduate program are as follows:
- Degree: A bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college, university or CALMAT.
- Application: A completed CALMAT application form, including a 500-word essay and resume.
- Students must pay the non-refundable application fee listed in the Financial Information section of the catalog.
- Recommendation: One to three professional recommendation letters from a supervisor or an individual qualified to assess your ability to pursue a graduate degree.
- Transcripts: Copies of all transcripts from where the applicant earned relevant credits or degrees. Copies may be submitted for the initial CALMAT application review. Official transcripts are required for final acceptance as a full status student.
- GPA: An overall grade point average (GPA) or GPA of the last 60 credits of 2.50 or higher (A =4.00).
- EFL: Applicants whose native language is not English must meet one of the following requirements:
- A bachelor degree or above from a college or university in which English is the language of instruction
- A minimum Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of 525 based on PBT, 71 based on iBT, 197 based on CBT, or 5.0 for IELTS; the score must be from a test taken less than two years prior to CALMAT admission
- Completion of required EFL courses at one of CALMAT's EFL partners or CALMAT-approved institutions
Students are encouraged to have completed two years of relevant work experience. GRE or GMAT scores are also preferred, but not required. Relevant experience and satisfactory scores on GRE/GMAT tests will improve the chance of admission for students with low GPAs. Applicants to CALMAT must compete for a limited number of spaces in order to maintain CALMAT’s high academic standards and low student-to-faculty ratio.
Limited Status for Graduate Programs
Limited status is a probationary status for degree students who have not yet met all of the admissions requirements; such students must submit the additional credentials required by the program (such as original transcripts or admissions test scores).
For applicants admitted to limited status, conditions for admission to full status will be provided in writing to the student at the time of admission. Students enrolled with limited status must clear their probationary status within the following time limits:
- Limited Status due to a missing original or notarized transcript must be cleared within one semester.
- Limited Status due to not meeting the English requirement must be cleared within three semesters.
- Limited Status due to not meeting prerequisites for a Master Degree program must be cleared within three semesters.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How soon will I receive a decision for admission? How will that be communicated?
The admissions process may take up to 2 weeks from submission to final decision. When we receive your complete application package, we will email a confirmation of receipt. After that email, our next contact we will be a letter informing you of your admissions status.
Can I contact you to check receipt of my application?
You will receive an email to confirm the receipt of your application as soon as it is complete. If you don’t receive that email soon, it usually means that we did not receive one of the required documents (transcripts, recommendation letter or TOEFL scores). To protect confidential information about your application, we cannot give information of your application status over the phone. We will acknowledge the receipt of your complete application by email and contact you in writing as soon as a decision has been made.
What happens if I did not submit a complete application before the deadline, and if I sent the remaining items after the deadline? Will my file still be reviewed?
We process all applications as soon as we receive them, all year long. At CALMAT, we don’t have a strict application deadline. Once your application is evaluated and you are admitted to the program, you will be able to start your MBA program with the first available entering class. Please remember that your application will be reviewed and processed only when it is complete.
Will you consider my application if I have not yet taken my TOEFL?
That is not a problem. If the rest of your application (e.g., GPA>2.5) is good, we will probably admit you with a Limited Status so you can join CALMAT and take EFL classes until you pass TOEFL with an acceptable score. You can attend some degree courses while you are studying EFL.
Does my recommendation have to come from my current employer?
We prefer that your recommendation comes from your current supervisor or manager. Under special circumstances, we may also accept a recommendation from a past employer.
Can I submit more than one recommendation?
If you have a compelling reason to send more than one recommendation, we will accept a second recommendation letter.
Although English is not my native tongue, I have lived and worked in an English speaking country for many years. Am I still required to submit a TOEFL test score?
If you have obtained a degree at a university where courses were taught exclusively in English, then this is sufficient proof of English proficiency. However, residence and employment in an English-speaking country is not sufficient to demonstrate English language ability, you must submit a TOEFL test score with your application.
Do you issue I-20 to international students?
CALMAT does not issue I-20 to international students at this point.