CALMAT’s mission is to offer high-quality, flexible, innovative, industry-connected programs that integrate advanced technology with proven management strategies to enable students to apply their knowledge and skills in the global high-tech industry.
Our vision is to be a global leader in flexible, affordable, industry-connected educational programs.
CALMAT is committed to achieving the following objectives:
- Educate students to be better communicators, collaborators and leaders.
- Enable students to solve real-world problems with innovative approaches.
- Connect students to industry experts, executive and career mentors.
- Infuse technology, management and innovation into all programs.
- Integrate classroom instruction and online instruction to provide the best learning experience from both methodologies.
CALMAT programs and courses have been designed to support both full-time and part-time students. The courses are systematic, competency-based, and utilize innovative instructional methods. Proficiency in public speaking and technical writing is an integral part of degree requirements. The curriculum emphasizes concern for issues pertaining to environmental protection and special attention is given to practical engineering research problems. An Advisory Board of Silicon Valley industry leaders actively shapes the nature and content of our programs.
CALMAT is founded by professionals with strong backgrounds in education and in business. Our faculty is committed to offering a high-quality education that connects theory with practical experience and high-tech industry best practices and trends. Our founders have extensive educational and industry experience with most of the faculty holding a PhD from a prestigious university. Additionally, over half of the faculty are accomplished managers in Silicon Valley companies each with more than 10 years of industry experience.
Student learning outcomes:
- Collaboration and effective communication
- Innovation and technology integration
- Ethical behavior
- Global perspective
CALMAT helps students to achieve these outcomes by:
- Learning through practical problem solving.
- Applying advanced technology in teaching and learning.
- Leveraging an outcome-based educational model.
- Providing individual coaching and advising.
As a learning organization, CALMAT values:
- Student satisfaction and achievement.
- Leadership at every level - we treat everyone with respect and believe each individual can be a leader regardless of their position.
- Evidence-based continuous improvement is a way of life.
- Efficient operations and effective collaboration.
The CALMAT culture is built upon a foundation of academic excellence and
outstanding support services. Our unique strengths and achievements
- The President of CALMAT, Mrs. Ginger Chen, has served as president
of two major universities and brings to CALMAT a wealth of experience.
- CALMAT has established a strong relationship with many public and private universities in the U.S. and overseas.
- CALMAT has long term collaboration with Silicon Valley companies on internships and R&D projects. This helps to
build industry relationships and identify job opportunities for our students.
- Many state-of-the-art e-learning courses are offered at CALMAT, allowing most effective and flexible learning experience.
- The leadership at CALMAT, on average, has more than 15 years of teaching experience in similar higher educational institutions.
Please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional questions.